Monday, June 16, 2008

Fabian Perez the face of tango ii painting

Fabian Perez the face of tango ii painting
Steve Hanks Casting Her Shadows painting
She looked at me with a quick, questioning smile.
"Why do you say that?" she asked.
"Because you are within my reach again," I said, taking her hand. She did not withdraw it. "Because I love you, Mary, as truly as ever a man loved a woman. Because this treasure, these riches, sealed my lips. Now that they are gone I can tell you how I love you. That is why I said, 'Thank God.' "
"Then I say 'Thank God,' too," she whispered as I drew her to my side.
Whoever had lost a treasure, I knew that night that I had gained one. A very patient man was that inspector in the cab, for it was a weary time before I rejoined him. His face clouded over when I showed him the empty box.
"There goes the reward!" said he gloomily. "Where there is no money there is no pay. This night's work would have been worth a tenner each to Sam Brown and me if the treasure had been there."
"Mr. Thaddeus Sholto is a rich man," I said; "he will see that you are rewarded, treasure or no."
The inspector shook his head despondently, however.

No comments: