Saturday, August 30, 2008

John William Godward Dolce far niente painting

John William Godward Dolce far niente paintingJohn William Waterhouse Miranda - The Tempest paintingJohn William Waterhouse Gather ye rosebuds while ye may painting
possibly be serious, yet was chilled to realize that he was. "Would you push the EAT-button yourself?"
We were at the entrance to a crowded reception-chamber; many heads turned at our approach. Classmate X covered his face with his hat when photographic lamps began flashing.
"To be the agent of the general will," he asserted through the felt, "is an honor exceeded only by being its instrument. If the will of the Union is that the button be pressed, then the one thing better than being the presser the painful memory that he had confessed to the contrary, and affirmed to me his confession. So instead, with an aching throat, I briefly rehearsed my objections to the Studentglared, even counseled him (so I gathered from their expressions) to ignore me; but he shook his head, as slightly as he had shrugged earlier, and permitted me to overtake them.
"Dr. Spielman'sprotégé ,"he murmured with the faintest of smiles. "No use trying to Graduateus, Classmate Goat-Boy: until everyone can pass, we won't believe in Passage. Too bad your Dr. Spielman's turned mid-percentile -- he used to have more sense."
His accent, I noticed, was very slight, and closer to Max's, for example, than to any Nikolayan's I had heard. I asked whether

No comments: