Sunday, August 24, 2008

Salvador Dali Les Elephants painting

Salvador Dali Les Elephants paintingMark Rothko Orange and Yellow paintingWassily Kandinsky Improvisation painting
came a shatter of glass, a mild oath, and a woman's short laugh quickly shushed. But I was full of the sight of G. Herrold where he lay, arms folded now. The buckhorn, as ever, was in his hand; one dead eye was wide and the other shut, and his mouth was ajar as if to draw breath for bugling. The orchestra paused (I heard Anastasia behind me saying No, impossible, she'd die of shame even if Iwere ),then wound into a dirge:



The echo of the final chord caught Dr. Sear's voice still pitched loud. ". . . can't beproved ," he was asserting; then he went on quickly in an audible whisper: "It's not the kind of thing youreason about, my dear: you believe it or you don't."
Stoker poked me in the side and advised me to "make it short" lest Croaker interrupt the ceremonies. While I pronounced Words of Passage over the body, he declared, he would turn on the closed-circuit Telerama, as was his wont at the end of a Spring-Carnival party, so that the assemblage could watch the Sunrise Service on Founder's

No comments: