Friday, August 29, 2008

Thomas Kinkade HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS painting

Thomas Kinkade HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS paintingWinslow Homer The Houses of Parliament paintingWinslow Homer The Gulf Stream painting
was indicating to the guard his wish to return to his cell.
"Max," I pleaded, "I need advice, and I want to get you out of here, and all you can think about is your old suffering. That's selfish!"
For just a moment his irritating calm gave way, and I heard him say,"Ach, I hate it too." Then the guard led him out and Stoker came around to fetch me.
"Didn't I tell you?"
"It's your doing as much as Bray's, I'll bet," I said."Passèd are the flunked! What kind of an idea is that?"
He shook his head sympathetically. "Isn't it a scream? You and I, George -- we're the only ones who see what a phony Bray is. He's even Certifiedme!" From his jacket pocket he drew the inevitable sheepskin, on which over Bray's signature was, as always, a quotation from the Founder's Scroll -- in this case,Verily the railer against Me shall fetch himself in fury to My feet, while the light yea-sayer standeth off a respectful way. Presume, if ye would Pass.
"Doesn't that beat all?"
I turned away. "You're no Candidate."
Stoker laughed and herded me to the lift. "Of course I'm not! I'm the flunkèdest flunker on campus! So Bray's a fake, right? Or else" -- he swatted me in the back -- "only the flunkèd are really passed, hey? And the passèd are all flunked

No comments: