Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sung Kim Village on the Water painting

Sung Kim Village on the Water paintingSung Kim Terrace Arch II paintingSung Kim Terrace Arch I paintingSung Kim Swan Cottage II painting
save by boat. And are not the bridges of Osgiliath broken down and all the landings held now by the Enemy?`On which side will you journey? The way to Minas Tirith lies upon this side, upon the west; but the straight My people live by the banks of the Brandywine.'`That is well,' said Celeborn. `Then I will furnish your Company with boats. They must be small and light, for if you go far by water, there are places where you will be forced to carry them. You will come to the rapids of Sarn Gebir, and maybe at last to the great falls of Rauros where the River thunders down from Nen Hithoel; and there are other perils. Boats may make your journey less toilsome for road of the Quest lies east of the River, upon the darker shore. Which shore will you now take? '`If my advice is heeded, it will be the western shore, and the way to Minas Tirith,' answered Boromir. `But I am not the leader of the Company.' The others said nothing, and Aragorn looked doubtful and troubled.`I see that you do not yet know what to do,' said Celeborn. `It is not my part to choose for you; but I will help you as I may. There are some among you who can handle boats: Legolas, whose folk know the swift Forest River; and Boromir of Gondor; and Aragorn the traveller.'`And one Hobbit! ' cried Merry. `Not all of us look on boats as wild horses.

No comments: