Friday, April 3, 2009

Gustav Klimt The Fulfillment (detail I)

Gustav Klimt The Fulfillment (detail I)Gustav Klimt The Embrace (detail_ square)Gustav Klimt Schloss Kammer Am Attersee II
AND SIXPENCE IS SIXPENCE.
‘Exactly.’ Simnel hesitated.’What was it you were wanting?’
The tall figure ran a disconsolate finger over the oily mechanism.
‘Mr Door?’
PARDON? OH. YES. I HAD SOMETHING FOR YOU TO DO -
He strode out of the forge and returned almost immediately with something wrapped in silk. He unwrapped it carefully. He’d made a new handle for the blade - not a straight one, such as ?these? used in the mountains, but the heavy doublecurved handle of the plains.
‘You Simnel sucked his finger.
‘Funny,’ he said, ‘I could have sworn I didn’t touch it. My hand was inches away. Well, it’s sharp, anyway.’
He swished it through the air.
‘Yes. Pretty sharp
He paused, stuck his little finger in his ear and swivelled it around a bit.want it beaten out? A new grass nail? Metalwork replacing?’Bill Door shook his head.I WANT IT KILLED.‘Killed?’YES. TOTALLY. EVERY BIT DESTROYED. SO THAT IT IS ABSOLUTELY DEAD.‘Nice scythe,’ said Simnel. ‘Seems a shame. You’ve kept a good edge on it -‘DON’T TOUCH IT!